Getting a gorgeous summer garden display doesn’t have to mean having a grand scale garden. Container gardens provide plenty of bountiful beauty and long-term enjoyment.
Andrea Murray, a horticultural technician with Artistic Landscape Designs, says the trend today is to combine annuals with perennials to bring texture and colour together. “By using both annuals and perennials you increase your material options for creative plant combinations,” offers the expert.
Andrea designed a tropical container by combining greens with orange flowering plants; she used dahlia, begonia, hosta, tropical spike and neon pothos.
- Start with a container to suit your space.
- Add filler half way up the container, add weight Ã¢â‚¬Â¨and top with landscape fabric.
- Fill with Organic Urban Garden Container Mix Ã¢â‚¬Â¨to help retain moisture.
- Choose a theme to suit the patio or deck.
- Add an artistic element like a glass garden Ã¢â‚¬Â¨ball for visual interest.