Beautifully roasted and served with a bright lemon chèvre sauce, these veggies are sure to delight. The hardest part will be deciding which root vegetables to roast.
Coat the baking tray with olive oil, salt, and pepper for an even coating of flavour to each piece.
- 3 tbsp (45mL) olive oil
- 1 large beet, cut into 1 x 3 inch strips
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 parsnips, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into 1 x 3 inch strips
- 6 red new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 red onion, quartered lengthwise
- 2 leeks, whites only halved lengthwise, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Whipped Lemon Chèvre:
- 1 ¼ cup (300 g) goat cheese
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- ½ tsp (3 g) kosher salt
- ¼ tsp (.6 g) freshly ground peppercorns
- Brush 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil evenly over large rimmed baking sheet and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place a mix of prepared root vegetables onto the oiled tray but do not overcrowd. (You may need two trays.)
- Lightly brush tops of vegetables with remaining olive oil; roast in 400˚F (205˚C) oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine goat cheese, water, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper until whipped and fluffy; add extra water if too thick.
- Serve alongside roasted root vegetables for dipping.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Roasting time: 15–20 minutes
Add visual interest with purple, orange and yellow carrots, from local markets.