Festive tart-red cranberries and wilted green spinach mingle with sweet caramelized onions and savoury blue cheese for a taste treat that can only be elevated by adding salty kettle chips.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) whole fresh or frozen cranberries, sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Your favourite kettle chips
- In large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion and cook, stirring often, 3–5 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Stir in maple syrup, reduce heat to medium-low and sauté another few minutes or until onions are soft and browned.
- Add spinach and sliced cranberries; stir until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- In medium bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise; add blue cheese and then onion mixture.
- Stir and transfer to serving bowl surrounded by kettle chips and top with cracked black pepper if desired.
MAKE THE DIP IN ADVANCE AND STORE IN THE FRIDGE FOR UP TO 24 HOURS.