Tender greens, creamy avocado, eggs, savoury red onion and protein-packed edamame make for a visually dynamic lunch or Sunday brunch item that resembles the classic Cobb salad.
- 16 leaves Boston Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) edamame beans, shelled and cooked
- Salt & pepper, to taste
On large platter, layer lettuce leaves then top with arugula. Arrange eggs, red onion and avocado slices on top then sprinkle with bacon and edamame. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chile Lime Dressing:
- Ã¢â€¦â€œ cup (90 mL) olive oil
- Ã¢â€¦â€œ cup (90 mL) freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Ã¢â€¦â€œ cup (90 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) Chili powder
Shake all ingredients together in tightly-sealed glass jar.
Serve salad buffet-style with crumbled blue cheese on the side, along with dressing, additional bacon, onions and avocado!
Prep time: Ã¢â‚¬Â¨20 minutes
Sauté red onions in some of the bacon drippings and lime juice for a delicious texture and flavour.