This is decadent Italian eating at its best! And, of course, it pairs beautifully with a big Italian red wine. The soft crema keeps all the topping ingredients nicely in place. Find Crema di Burrata (just the soft filling of the burrata cheese) at major grocery stores, or use the large burrata ball and just chop up the outer layer and mix with the creamy filling.
- ½ soft baguette, halved and toasted or grilled
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped arugula
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250 g Crema di Burrata
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- In medium bowl combine, tomatoes, arugula, olive oil, basil and garlic.
- Place baguette on serving platter, drizzle with balsamic reduction and as much olive oil as you like.
- Top with cheese then the tomato mixture; drizzle with more balsamic reduction, to taste.
- Slice as desired.
Serves: 4–6 rep time: 15 minutes
For a fantastic meal upgrade, use the creamy mixture as a topper for grilled steak or chicken.