No one can resist the devilled egg! While there are many variations, I love the simplicity of the basic ingredients dressed up with some micro greens.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled for 10 minutes
- 12 baby spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed √Ę‚ā¨¬® lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped chives, reserve some for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Dash smoked paprika, to garnish
- Micro-greens, to garnish
- Evenly line serving platter with spinach leaves or spread leaves in any pattern you want the eggs to form. Set aside.
- Trim 1/2 cm off each end of the egg to allow the egg white cup to sit flat on the platter, then cut the egg in half across the center. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Pop out each egg yolk into a medium-size bowl, place each egg-white cup, hole side up, onto the spinach leaves. Repeat with remaining 5 eggs.
- Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, chives, salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Using a hand-held mixer, combine the ingredients until very smooth, transfer filling to a piping bag with piping tip of your choice.
- Pipe filling evenly into the 12 egg cups, dust with smoked paprika. Refrigerate.
- To serve, top with micro greens and/or reserved, chopped chives.
For a brighter yellow √Ę‚ā¨¬®filling, add 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground turmeric powder √Ę‚ā¨¬®to the egg yolk mixture.