The vinaigrette recipe is very versatile as well and can be used for a wide variety of salads.
Salad and salad dressing
salt and pepper
¼ teaspoon (1 mL) Dijon mustard
6 Tablespoons (90 mL) extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons (30 mL) white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, smashed
½ pound (250 grams) of mixed baby salad greens
1 piece of Asiago cheese
- In a small jar with a tight lid, place 4 to 5 grindings of pepper, two large pinches of salt, mustard, oil and vinegar and shake until emulsified.
- Add broken garlic clove and set aside to infuse.
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup (225 grams) of flour
salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon (15 mL) water
2 cups (450 grams) Italian bread crumbs
½ cup (40 grams) grated Asiago cheese
3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- Split each chicken breast horizontally and pound out each piece between waxed paper with a meat tenderizer.
- Combine flour, a large pinch of salt and several grindings of pepper in one bowl.
- In another add the two eggs and tablespoon (15 mL) of water and whip with a fork.
- In a third bowl add bread crumbs and shredded cheese.
- Take each piece of chicken and place in flour mixture (shaking off excess flour), then dip in egg and finally dredge in bread crumbs.
- Cook each piece in a heated frying pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook at medium heat for a 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- To assemble, toss the salad greens with some of the dressing (enough to your liking).
- Place a piece of chicken on each plate, top with dressed greens and, using a vegetable peeler, add a few shavings of Asiago cheese on top of each salad.